Erin explores with water – 2Observe an outdoor play session with 2-3 year olds, in the rain. In this clip we can see the rich and varied amount of learning and development that is offered by playing out in the rain. Erin uses receptacles and tools to collect and gather rain as her key person looks on and offers effective prompts.
Good for looking at:
- Learning outdoors
- Understanding the world
- Effective adult support
- What cues can you see that show what the child is interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How the child is learning?
- Which areas of play, development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the child’s learning?
- How does the outdoor environment and the materials provided support the child’s learning?