I want to be in the bed! – ELGsMax and Sam are playing a game in the playhouse. Orson wants to join in, a disagreement arrises and they need to work out a solution.
Good for looking at
- Social development
- Emotional development
- Pretend play
- Conflict resolution
There are three children in this clip and they are all vying for a particular space.
- how their conversation develops into a negotiation and the strategies that are used
- how the situation nearly gets out of hand, but they resolve it, and how the child trying on the white dress doesn’t unduly bother them despite the close proximity
- that there is no adult involvement in this clip
Refer back to the ELGs for Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- All three children demonstrate that they are within the ELGs by the way that they work out the situation in order that they can play co-operatively. How do they do it? Are they all involved?
- What skills have they learnt that they put to good use?
- Which other Early Learning Goals are being demonstrated here?