Babbling – phonemic expansionObserve how a child minder effectively supports and extends language development with a 6 month old baby. Recognise how 'babbling' provides an ideal opportunity for introducing two way conversations. Observe and understand phonemic expansion.
Good for looking at:
- expected patterns of development in speech, language and communication
- two way conversation at 6 months
- effective adult support
- the stage of speech, language and communication development the baby exhibits during in this interaction with his child minder
- the specific sounds the baby makes
- the non-verbal communication used by baby and adult