Communicating ideasTwo five year olds are having an animated conversation in the playground at school. Observe how conversation like these, not only support the development of speech and language but are also integral to the development of PSED skills. Recognise how the children use non verbal cues, body language and gestures to give their ideas more meaning.
Good for looking at:
- expected patterns of development in language and speech acquisition at 5 years old
- how non verbal cues, body language and gestures are used
- how conversations with peers supports PSED
- What cues can you see that show what the children are interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How are the children learning?
- Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- How do the materials support the children’s learning?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/sirenfilms.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/siren-films/templates/parts/video/tabs/transcript.php on line 13