Communicating with peersObserve a conversation between two 3 year olds in the garden at an EY setting. Understand how the development of speech and communication involves not just words but body language, expression and gestures to convey further meaning.
Good for looking at:
- peer to peer conversation
- expected patterns of development in speech, language and communication
- speech and language development
- how peer to peer interactions support PSED
- What cues can you see that show what the children are interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How are the children learning?
- Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- How does the environment support the children’s learning?