Evan sings action songTwo year old Evan is sitting with the practitioner. They're thinking about what to do next. Evan has an idea an starts a song.
Good for looking at
- Expressive arts and design
- Communication and language
- Songs and rhymes
- Action songs
- Physical development
Two year old Evan is sitting with the practitioner. They’re thinking about what to do next. Evan has an idea an starts a song.
- How do we know how involved Evan is in this activity? Be specific, look out for body language, facial expressions, actions, gestures.
- Which development areas, characteristics of learning are evident?
- In what ways does the adult support Evan’s learning?
What are your thoughts about:
- What and how was Evan learning?
- What communication skills did he use to be understood?
- The role of the adult in this interaction – how did she support Evan?
- The value of this type of relaxed time for Evan to come up with his own ideas?
What would you do to:
- Support Evan’s development of his own ideas of what to do?
- Encourage Evan’s love of songs and rhymes further?
- Model a love of singing and music for Evan?
- How did the environment support this interaction between Evan and Laura?
- Do you need to encourage more of this kind of relaxed time for the children in your setting? Does your environment provide children places to snuggle and relax?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/sirenfilms.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/siren-films/templates/parts/video/tabs/transcript.php on line 13