First wordsHere we can see a great example of a baby repeatedly using a sound that has meaning for him, whilst in a cafe, with his parents. He over extends the use of his word 'stone' in a turn taking conversation. Observe how his parents interpret his attempt to communicate and support him in his language development.
Good for looking at
- Speech, language and communication
- Effective adult support
- Look out for the speech and language the child uses when communicating with his Mum.
- How mum responds to the child’s attempts at communicating with her.
- What aspects of speech, language and communication, common at this age and stage, did you notice Dexter using?
- How did Mum support his development?