The weddingObserve how a teacher extends a learning opportunity in the classroom when a group of 54-5 year olds become highly engaged in an imaginative pretend play scenario around an up and coming wedding. By following the children's interest, the teacher is able to effectively support the development of literacy skills in various ways within the context of the pretend play.
Good for looking at:
- active learning
- effective adult support
- supporting the development of literacy
- learning through play
- development of speech and language
- characteristics of effective learning
- What cues can you see that show what the children are interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How the children are learning?
- Which areas of play, development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the children’s learning?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/sirenfilms.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/siren-films/templates/parts/video/tabs/transcript.php on line 13