Gemma puts on her hats – ELGsGemma has been dressing up with hats from the hat shop the children have created. She goes to the teacher for some advice. She takes a book with her too.
Good for looking at
- Pretend play
- Effective practice
This clip is good for looking at how provision is used and how resources scaffold Gemma’s language.
- how the adult holds back in order to enable Gemma to form her responses,
- how new vocabulary is rehearsed,
- how ‘back and forth’ exchanges are used
Refer back to the ELGs for Language and Communication
- How do you know that Gemma is within the range for ‘expected’ in both? What evidence is there? If you are unsure, what else might you do?
- How are children in your class enabled to demonstrate their skills in the way that Gemma does?
- Which other Early Learning Goals are being demonstrated here?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/sirenfilms.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/siren-films/templates/parts/video/tabs/transcript.php on line 13