H for hedgehogThere has been a hedgehog in the nursery garden and the children have built a house for it. Harry wants to write a sign to let people know what's happened to the hedgehog.
Good for looking at
- Letter recognition
- Learning outdoors
- Effective adult support
There has been a hedgehog in the nursery garden and the children have built a house for it. Harry wants to write a sign to let people know what’s happened to the hedgehog.
- How are the children learning? Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the children’s learning?
- How does the environment support the children’s learning?
- What is valuable about the materials provided as learning resources?
What are your thoughts about:
- How and what was Harry was trying to communicate?
- How and what was Harry learning?
- Harry’s level of involvement? How engaged was he in this activity?
- The role of the adult in this interaction – how did she support Harry and Teddy?
- The value of this type of symbolic play for Harry?
- What role did the outdoor environment play in this interaction?
What would you do to:
- Support Harry’s interest in using writing to communicate messages to others?
- Encourage other children to join Harry’s game?
- Extend Harry’s learning – e.g. encourage his interest in the hedgehog in different ways?
- Do you need to encourage more of this kind of learning in nature and the outdoors for the children in your setting?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/sirenfilms.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/siren-films/templates/parts/video/tabs/transcript.php on line 13