Maddi looks at booksTwo year old Maddi looks at a book with dad. They are comfortable on the sofa together, Maddi is relaxed and makes jokes with Dad.
Good for looking at
- Early literacy
Two year old Maddi looks at a book with dad. They are comfortable on the sofa together, Maddi is relaxed and makes jokes with Dad.
- What cues can you see that shows what Maddi is interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How is Maddi learning? Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways is Dad supporting Maddi’s learning?
What are your thoughts about:
- The value of this type of interaction for Maddi?
- The role of the adult in this interaction – how did Dad support Maddi?
What would you do to:
- Support Maddi’s development of his language skills?
- Extend Maddi’s learning – e.g. using her interests to develop her understanding further?
- Model reading skills for young children and show how useful they are?
- Do you need to encourage more of this kind of interaction for all of the children in your setting
- Do you need to make changes to make spaces inviting for sharing books together?
- Do you know enough about the value of allowing children to share books in a relaxed warm environment? How do you manage this in your setting?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/sirenfilms.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/siren-films/templates/parts/video/tabs/transcript.php on line 13