Olivia in the mud kitchenFour year old girl playing outdoors, alone, in the mud kitchen. She is baking a cake with utensils, a baking tray and some mud. She puts it in the oven, uses the scales and mixes up her cakes. There is no adult interaction.
Good for looking at
- Messy play
- Mud kitchen
- Learning outdoors
- Solitary play
- Pretend play
- Object play
- Self-talk/private speech
- Effective provision - materials
- What cues can you see that show what the child is interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How the child is learning?
- Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- How does the environment and the materials provided support the children’s learning?