The zip wireA group of three and four year olds are taking turns having a go of a make shift zip wire. The practitioners are close by and providing support for this difficult task.
Good for looking at
- Learning outdoors
- Physical development
- Risk taking
- Effective adult support
- Charateristics of effective learning
- What cues can you see that show what how the children respond to a new and difficult activity? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How are the children learning?
- Which areas of play, development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways do the adult supports the children’s learning?
- How does the outdoor environment and the materials used for this activity support the children’s learning?