Painting a treeThree year old has chosen to paint a picture in the studio area at the nursery setting. There is no adult interaction and she paints a picture which is her own idea without any adult input. She talks to another child who arrives to paint a picture beside her.
Good for looking at
- Creative development
- Fine motor skills
- Knowledge of the world
- Effective provision
- Characteristics of effective learning - choosing ways of doing things, having ideas
- What cues can you see that show what the child is interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How the child is learning?
- Which areas of play, development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- How does the environment and the materials provided support the child’s learning?