Rose hammersAlmost three year old Rose is working out how to hammer a nail. She has to over come problems and work out strategies to manage the task.
Good for looking at
- COEL - Creating and thinking critically, having their own ideas, choosing ways to do things
- Tool use
- Physical development
Almost three year old Rose is working out how to hammer a nail. She has been shown by the practitioner how to do it and is now trying it on her own.
- How Rose approaches learning a new, difficult task. Be specific, look out for body language
- How is Rose learning. Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- What’s valuable about the materials provided?
What did you recognise about:
- The way Rose is learning – what evidence did you see of her creating and thinking critically?
- The areas of learning and development that were covered?
- The importance of the environment and materials?
What would you do to:
- Encourage her to practice more and really master the skill? Could you give her more time and more objects and see what she does?
- Encourage Rose to think about what to do next and develop a plan?
- Talk to Rose’s parents/carers about her achievement?
- Could you suggest a way of doing something equivalent with the children in your own setting? What might have to happen before introducing tools into your setting?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/sirenfilms.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/siren-films/templates/parts/video/tabs/transcript.php on line 13