The log guitar
On a trip to the forest, two girls have found a log and want to make it into something. Using their imagination they turn it into a guitar and create a band.
Good for looking at
- Expressive art and design
- Pretend play
- Forest school
- Steiner kindergarten
On a trip to the forest, two girls have found a log and want to make it into something. Using their imagination they create a band.
- How are the children learning? Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- How does the environment support the children’s learning?
- What is valuable about the materials they find?
What are your thoughts about:
- What areas of learning and development were covered in their play?
- Did the children have a joint aim?
- Did they communicate effectively with each other?
- What effect did the environment have on the children’s play?
What would you do to:
- Support the children’s play? How could you encourage their interest in music and bands?
- What could you do when you return to the setting?
- Could you provide more open ended natural materials and resources to support children’s imaginations?
- What do you know about the Steiner approach to early education? Could you find out more?