Ah said stork – one to one readingIn this clip we can observe how a practitioner lays firm foundations for early literacy and communication skills, during 1-2-1 story time with a 4 year old, in an EY setting. Observe how the practitioner animates the story in such a way that the child remains fully engaged in the activity whilst she introduces concepts that involve critical thinking. This is an example of adult-child verbal interaction that supports and promotes the development of speech, language and communication and mathematical thinking.
Good for looking at:
- development of speech and language
- early literacy skills
- maths - sizes, amounts and counting
- quality child-adult interactions
- enjoyment of books and story time
- development of critical thinking skills
- What cues can you see that show what the child is interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How is the child learning?
- Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- How is the adult supporting the child’s learning?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/sirenfilms.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/siren-films/templates/parts/video/tabs/transcript.php on line 13