Types of play – parallel – Putting babies to bedJust turned two year old girls, who spend a lot of time together at this setting, are playing side by side. They have a wooden pram and a doll and a teddy. There is no adult interaction during the play.
Good for looking at
- Types of play - parallel, associative play
- Personal, social and emotional - Developing friendships
- Pretend play
- Object play
- What cues can you see that show what the children are interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How the children are learning?
- Which areas of play, development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- How do the materials provided support the children’s learning?