We need four piecesThree boys have chosen to make bread dough outside in the nursery garden. They need to divide it up between themselves.
Good for looking at
Three boys are making bread dough outside in the nursery garden. They need to divide it up between themselves.
- How are the children learning? Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the children’s learning?
- How does the activity support the children’s learning?
- What is valuable about the materials provided as learning resources?
What are your thoughts about:
- What and how are the children learning?
- The role of the adult in this interaction – how did she support the children?
- The value of this real life activity for the children?
What would you do to:
- Encourage the children’s problem solving skills?
- Model behaviours for young children and show how useful they are?
- Do you need to incorporate mathematical concepts into activities that the children can do themselves?