What shall we do with the cauldron?Two boys play with a toy cauldron hanging from a tree. Two year old Bertie has a different agenda to the older boy. Maths and pretend are brought in to this short game.
Good for looking at
- COEL - Active learning
- Pretend play
- Mixed ages
- Forest nursery/kindergarten
Two boys play with a toy cauldron hanging from a tree. Two year old Bertie has a different agenda to the older boy. Maths and pretend are brought in to this short game.
- What cues can you see that show what the children are interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How are the children learning? Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- How does the environment support the children’s learning?
- What is valuable about the materials provided as learning resources?
What are your thoughts about:
- How and what is each of the children learning?
- Their levels of development?
- How involved are the children in their game?
- The value of this play for each of the children?
What would you do to:
- Extend the children’s game?
- Support their social interaction?
- Support each of the children’s interests in maths and pretend?
- Do you see children using maths in their play in your setting? What can you do to encourage and support this?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/sirenfilms.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/siren-films/templates/parts/video/tabs/transcript.php on line 13