Adult led play – Twos – Sounds gameA small group of two year olds have chosen a game to play. Observe how the practitioner introduces the game. The game involves listening to sounds and matching them with images of what they think made the sound. Observe how the practitioner engages the children and how she holds their attention.
Good for looking at
- Adult led play
- Games with rules
- What cues can you see that show what the children are interested in during this adult led activity? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How are the children learning?
- Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the children’s learning?
- How does the game support the children’s learning?