Babies – love of booksIn an EY setting, observe how the practitioners engage with a group of 1-2 year olds who have an interest in the books that are to hand. Recognise how the children's interests are extended in a relaxed, spontaneous story telling sessions.
Good for looking at
- how to nurture a love of books and reading
- effective pedagogy
- development of early literacy skills
- language and communication development
- What cues can you see that show what the children are interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How are the children learning?
- Which areas of play, development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the children’s learning?
- How does the environment and the materials provided support the children’s learning?