Communicating – discussionObserve a conversation between two 6 year olds whilst on a walk in the woods with peers.
Good for looking at:
- expected patterns of language and speech development
- What cues can you see that show what the children are interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How are the children learning?
- Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the children’s learning?
- How does the environment support the children’s learning?