Following child’s interests – schemaTwo year old spends time in the nursery garden exploring and playing. See how his development is supported the practitioners who tune in to his interests.
Good for looking at
- Learning outdoors
- Schemas - trajectory
- Effective adult support
- Outdoor learning environment
- Cognitive development
This two year old has been observed to have a trajectory schema. This is an interest in how things (objects) or themselves (their bodies) move through space.
- How the practitioner and environment and materials supports the child’s current interest
- What cues can you see that show what the child is interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How is the child learning?
- Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?