Pouring sandAlmost two year old concentrates on watching the sand pouring out of his container. The practitioner watches quietly, observing his interest and fascination.
Good for looking at
- Effective adult support
- What cues can you see that show what the child are interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How are is child learning?
- Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the children’s learning?
- How do the materials support the children’s learning?