I want to climb a treeThis just two year old watches the older children climbing a tree. She wants to try it. See how the practitioner supports her to succeed.
Good for looking at
- COEL - Active learning
- Forest nursery/kindergarten
- Nature pedagogy
- Tree climbing
- Physical development
- Characteristics of effective learning
This just two year old watches the older children climbing a tree. She wants to try it.
- What cues can you see that show what the child is interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How are the children learning? Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the child’s learning?
- How does the environment support the child’s learning?
What are your thoughts about:
- How she was trying to communicate?
- What areas of learning and development were covered?
- The role of the adult in this interaction – how did she support her?
- The value of this type of physical play?
What would you do to:
- Support the child’s physical developments further?
- Encourage her attempts to try out new difficult activities?
- Make sure the activity is safe enough? Think about risk vs benefit
- How can you encourage this kind of physical challenge in your setting?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sirenfil/public_html/wp-content/themes/siren-films/templates/parts/video/tabs/transcript.php on line 13