Jordan’s car washThree year old Jordan is playing in the nursery garden and has turned some large soft blocks into a car and a car wash. The practitioner supports the play and other children join in.
Good for looking at
- Pretend play
- Engaging with play
- Effective practice
Three year old Jordan is playing in the nursery garden. He has turned some large soft blocks into a car and a car wash. The practitioner engages with his play and other children join in.
- How is Jordan learning? Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support Jordan’s learning?
- How does the environment support Jordan’s learning?
- What is valuable about the materials provided as learning resources?
What did you recognise about:
- The areas of learning and development that were covered through the play activity?
- The adult’s role – how was Jordan supported?
- The importance of the environment and the materials?
What would you do next?
- How could you extend Jordan’s learning?
- Did watching the clip help you notice any particular strengths or weaknesses that you might have when trying to support children during their play? How could you use this? Could you support others with something you are particularly good at? Or find some one to support you with an area you find difficult?
- Could you suggest a way of encouraging this kind of role play in your own setting?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/sirenfilms.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/siren-films/templates/parts/video/tabs/transcript.php on line 13