Making a card for MumFour year old is making a card for her mum. It was recently mothers day and the children had all made cards with the practitioners. She has chosen to make another card this time on her own. She seeks out help from the practitioner when she needs it.
Good for looking at
- Early literacy skills
- Mark making
- Characteristics of effective learning
- Effective adult support
- What cues can you see that show what the child is interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How the child is learning?
- Which areas of play, development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the child’s learning?
- How does the environment and the materials provided support the child’s learning?