Making some dinnerA 20 month old child is playing in the nursery garden. There are a selection of pots and pans and he uses a small baking tray to collect some grass. He pretends this is food and gives some to his friend. The practitioner encourages his pretence.
Good for looking at
- Early pretend play
- Imaginary play
- Learning outdoors
- What cues can you see that show what the child is interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How the child is learning?
- Which areas of play, development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the child’s learning?
- How does the outdoor environment support the child’s learning?