Banana is all goneA group of two year olds are sitting down for snack time. One of the children notices that all of the banana has gone. The practitioner agrees and adds that is all in their tummies.
Good for looking at
- Emergent mathematical understanding
- Maths is everywhere
- Speech, language and communication
- Effective practice
- What cues can you see that show what the children are interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How the children are learning?
- Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the children’s learning?