Sharing sweets – how many each?Two four year olds are sharing out some sweets with Mum. She makes it into a game of sweet counting for them.
Good for looking at:
- Mathematical understanding
- Effective adult support
- Language development
- What cues can you see that show what the children are interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How are the children learning?
- Which areas of play, development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the children’s learning?
- How does this everyday activity support the children’s learning?