Orson chats with DadTwo year old Orson is outside in the garden with dad. They chat together, thinking about what to do, asking and answering questions.
Good for looking at
- Communicating and Language
Two year old Orson is outside in the garden with dad. They chat together, thinking about what to do.
- How does Orson make himself understood? (Look out for non-verbal, facial expressions and body language as well as spoken language)
- What does Orson understand?
- How is Orson learning? Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- How does Dad support Orson?
What are your thoughts about:
- How Orson was trying to communicate?
- Orson’s level of development?
- The role of the adult in this interaction – how did he support Orson?
- The value of this type of conversation for Orson?
What would you do to:
- Support Orson’s ideas and encourage his thinking about what he wants to do?
- Encourage other Orson to engage in conversations with other adults and children outside of the immediate family?
- Model conversational behaviours for young children and show how useful they are?
- Do you need to encourage more of this kind of conversation for the children in your setting? Do you allow enough relaxed time for conversations like this?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/sirenfilms.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/siren-films/templates/parts/video/tabs/transcript.php on line 13