Racing – ELGsIn the yard some of the children are interested in racing. They race each other around the yard to see who will win.
Good for looking at
- Physical development - gross motor
- Personal, social and emotional development
In the yard some of the children are interested in racing. They race each other around the yard to see who will win.
- the importance of access to the outside that enables children to experiment with their physical skills in a range of ways
- how the outside environment is important to challenge physical skill
Refer back to the ELGs for Physical Development
- The children racing are securely within the ELG for Gross Motor Skills. How do you know?
- What else is happening in the clip that demonstrates that other children are at the ‘Expected’ level too?
- Which other Early Learning Goals are being demonstrated here?