Skye – collecting & transportingTwo year old Skye loves spending time in the nursery garden collecting, gathering and transporting different objects around the space.
Good for looking at
- Collecting and transporting schema
- Understanding children's behaviour
- Private speech
- Object play
Two year old Skye loves spending time in the nursery garden collecting, gathering and transporting different objects around the space.
- How do we know what Skye is interested in? Be specific, look out for body language, actions, gestures.
- How is Skye learning? Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- What effect the environment and materials have on Skye’s play?
What did you recognise about:
- How Skye is learning? Did you see any evidence of the characteristics of effective learning?
- The areas of learning and development that were covered through her play activity?
- Skye’s schematic behaviour?
- The importance of the environment and the materials?
What would you do next?
- Using your knowledge of Skye’s interests how could you extend her learning?
- How might you talk to Skye’s parents/carers about her interests?
- Did watching the clip help you notice any particular strengths or weaknesses that you might have when trying to understand children’s specific interests?
- Could you suggest a way of encouraging the support of children’s particular schematic behaviours in your own setting?