Treasure basketIn this clip we can observe how a 9 month old baby interacts with objects he finds in a treasure basket. This is an example of an heuristic play session supported by his childminder. Watch how the childminder steps back or steps in ensuring that his challenge and struggle to reach and explore the objects give him just the right amount developmental stimulation.
Good for looking at:
- Heuristic play
- Treasure basket
- Brain development
- Effective adult support
- What cues can you see that show what the baby is interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How the baby is learning?
- Which areas of play, development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the baby’s learning?
- How do the materials provided support the child’s learning?