‘Tuning in’ – clip 2Orson and Mum cuddle and look at birthday card. Orson grizzles.
Good for looking at
- Tuning in
- Adult responses
- Baby communicating needs
- Emotional regulation
Tuning in’ is a skill that can be practised and improved.
- What do you think the baby needs?
- How are they communicating this need?
- How effectively does the carer respond?
What are your thoughts about:
- What the baby wanted?
- How you thought they were communicating this need?
- How effectively you thought the carer responded?