Adventure walk – ELGsA mixed age group of children go into the woods for an adventure walk.
Good for looking at
- COEL - Creating and thinking critically, thinking of ideas and making links
- Learning outdoors
- Forest nursery
- Sustained shared thinking
- Knowledge of the world
A mixed age group of children go into the woods for an adventure walk.
- the interactions between the adults and children.
- how the children use what they know and apply it to working out new things to explain what they see in their environment.
Refer back to the ELGs for Understanding the World
- What does this clip tell you about how the team support and develop learning? How might the adults have prepared for this walk?
- Whilst these children are within the ELG for Past and Present ELG, what else would you want to find out?
- How does this walk cover all of the ELG across understanding the world?
- Which other Early Learning Goals are being demonstrated here?