Ava writes a listTwo year old Ava is having breakfast with her Mum. They decide they need to go to the shops and that they will need a list so they know what to buy. They then have a trip to the supermarket to buy what they need.
Good for looking at
- Language and Communication
- Early literacy
- Environmental print
- Effective adult support
Two year old Ava is having breakfast with her Mum. They decide they need to go to the shops and that they will need a list so they know what to buy. They then have a trip to the supermarket to buy what they need.
- What cues can you see that show how engaged Ava is? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How is Ava learning? Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe
- In what ways does Mum support Ava’s learning?
- How does the environment support the Ava’s learning?
What are your thoughts about:
- How Ava was trying to communicate?
- Ava’s level of development?
- The role of the adult in this interaction – how did she support Ava?
- The value of this type of interaction for Ava?
What would you do to:
- Support support Ava interest in writing and print?
- Encourage Ava’s understanding of print and it’s uses?
- Extend Ava’s learning – e.g. what other trips and daily house hold activities could Ava be involved in to support her emerging literacy?
- Do you need to model this kind of behaviour to show how useful writing is for the two year olds in your setting? Could involve children in short trips you might need to go on to get something for the nursery?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/sirenfilms.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/siren-films/templates/parts/video/tabs/transcript.php on line 13