Bean bag game – how many have we got?Small group of three year olds are playing a throwing beam bag game with the practitioner. They have some buckets to throw the bean bags into and there are some numbers written on the ground for the children to stand on and throw their bean bags. They see how many can they get in and count up their scores.
Good for looking at
- Mathematical concepts
- Keeping score
- Games with rules
- Physical play
- What cues can you see that show what the children are interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How the children are learning?
- Which areas of play, development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the children’s learning?
- How does the environment and the materials provided support the children’s learning?