Building a path – ELGsA group of children have decided to build a path with some logs and planks in the school outdoor area. They have to communicate their ideas and work together to make it work.
Good for looking at
- COEL - Play and exploring, Active learning, creating and thinking critically
- Co-operative play
- Object play
- Effective practice
- Understanding the world
- Science and technology
- Learning outdoors
This clip involves several children working together to create a path in the school garden.
- the importance of the outside environment in developing the Educational Programmes and Characteristics of Effective Learning
Refer back to the ELGs for Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- How does the environment support the children to demonstrate their skills?
- What part does the adult play?
- Which other Early Learning Goals are being demonstrated here?