Guided reading – ELGsLilly reads a book with the teaching assistant. She has had the book at home for a few days previously.
Good for looking at
- Guided reading
This clip demonstrates a different example that shows elements of being within the Reading ELG. It is possible to reflect learning and skills towards an ELG in an adult led activity, but this would not be enough on its own.
- what phonic knowledge Lilly has that is unprompted by the adult
- what she can do with support from the adult
Refer back to the ELGs for Literacy
- What do you see Lilly demonstrating here? Some of it is prompted by the adult, but not all.
- What else do you need to know to be sure that Lilly is within the Reading ELG?
- Which other Early Learning Goals are being demonstrated here?