Layla Rose’s animal spotting listLayla Rose is writing a list of the animals she's spotted on her walk to the forest. The practitioner and other children help out and talk about letter sounds.
Good for looking at
- COEL - Active learning
- Social learning
- Effective adult support
- Learning outdoors
- Forest nursery
Layla Rose is writing a list of the animals she’s spotted on her walk to the forest. The practitioner and other children help out and talk about letter sounds.
- How are the children learning? Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the children’s learning?
- How does the environment support the children’s learning?
- What is valuable about the materials provided as learning resources?
What are your thoughts about:
- How and what was Layla-rose learning?
- Layla-rose’s level of involvement? How engaged was she in this self-chosen activity?
- The role of the adults in this interaction – how did they support Layla-rose and the other children?
- The value of this type of activity for Layla-rose?
- What role did the outdoor environment and the materials provided play in this interaction?
What would you do to:
- Support Layla-rose’s interest in using writing to collect information?
- Encourage Layla-rose to use writing for other uses?
- Extend Layla-rose’s learning?
- Do you need to encourage more of this kind of learning in nature and the outdoors for the children in your setting? Do you have writing materials at hand for the children in lots of different situations?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/sirenfilms.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/siren-films/templates/parts/video/tabs/transcript.php on line 13