The three little pigs – ELGsFrankie is playing at outside with a small group of children. At the sand table there are some resources, twigs, straw, blocks and some characters from the three little pigs story. Frankie creates a set and re-enacts the story.
Good for looking at
- Story telling
This clip shows Frankie re-enacting his knowledge of a story.
- the language and the elements of the story he knows and rehearses
- the power of an enabling environment with accessible resources
Refer back to the ELGs for Literacy
- This child is working within the ELG for Comprehension. Is there anything else you need to know or observe?
- Notice how the child has planned the scene and then acts out the story taking different parts
- Which other Early Learning Goals are being demonstrated here?