Tree climbingA group of three and four year olds are playing on the fallen tree in the nursery garden. The practitioner supports them to manage a difficult and risky task.
Good for looking at
- Learning outdoors
- Physical development
- Physical play
- Gross motor development
- Risky play
- Effective adult support
- Effective outdoor provision
- What cues can you see that show what the children are interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How are the children learning?
- Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the children’s learning?
- How do the environment support the children’s learning?