Types of play – solitary – heuristic6 month old baby plays with a basket of objects. He uses his sense to explore their different properties. Adult is near by but does not engage with the play.
Good for looking at
- Heuristic play
- Sensory play
- Types of play - solitary
- Object play
- Characteristics of effective learning - playing and exploring
- What cues can you see that show what the baby is interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How the baby is learning?
- Which areas of play, development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what ways does the adult support the baby’s learning?
- How do the materials provided support the baby’s learning?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/sirenfilms.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/siren-films/templates/parts/video/tabs/transcript.php on line 13