Building a city – ELGsIn this clip we see Morella building a city with blocks and recycled found materials. He concentrates on his building for over 30 minutes.
Good for looking at
- Expressive and creative arts
- Fine motor skills
- Choosing materials
- Levels of involvement
Morella is building a city with blocks and recycled found materials. He concentrates on his building for over 30 minutes (the video is shortened)
- how Morella expresses himself using the materials provided
- the levels of concentration and involvement shown
Refer back to the ELGs for Expressive and Creative Arts
- What does this clip tell you about how the team support and develop learning? Look at the enabling environment of the provision
- Whilst Morella is within the ELG for Creating with Materials, what else would you want to find out?
- Which other Early Learning Goals are being demonstrated here?