Could baby ride with Alice?Bobby is with her mum and her friend Alice in the garden. Bobby needs mum for reassurance when she wants to play with the trike that Alice is on. Mum scaffolds the play.
Good for looking at
- Secure base
- Effective adult support
Bobby is with her mum and her friend Alice in the garden. They have a trike and a doll.
- How is Bobby learning? Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- In what way is Mum supporting Bobby’s learning?
What did you recognise about:
- What Bobby needs to be able to learn to socialise?
- What Bobby is learning?
- Bobby’s language?
- The adult role – how did mum support Bobby?
What would you do next?
- How could you make such young children feel confident to learn to socialise with their peers in your setting? What do they need from you?
- Can you think of other ways of scaffolding their learning?