The wormDuring a walk outdoors, a group of children decide to 'rescue' a worm.
Good for looking at:
- Outdoor play
- Natural environment
- Understanding the world
- Cognitive and scientific development
- Effective adult support
- What cues can you see that show what the children are interested in? (Look out for non-verbal and body language as well as spoken language)
- How are the children learning?
- Which areas of development, engagement and characteristics of learning can you observe?
- How does the adult support the children’s learning?
- What affect the outdoor environment had on the children’s learning?